WordPress recently did a good series on how to analyze the data that’s available to you via WordPress Blog Stats tool. This series is great if you’ve a WordPress.com blog PLUS it’s a good read for any one in the data analytics role to learn how to write-up content like this.
1. Stats Wrangling I: Digging into Your Data
2. Stats Wrangling II: Days, Weeks, and Months
3. Stats Wrangling III: Top Posts and Pages
4. Stats Wrangling IV: Referrers and Clicks
5. Stats Wrangling V: The Words that Bring You Traffic
Along with WordPress Stats, I also use data from the Google Webmaster Tools. It’s a great way to see Keywords, Top posts & pages from a search engine point of view. It’s always good to have a healthy number of people searching for your content on search engines like Google.
I hope you take a look at how Data Analytics can help your Blog Grow. The series that WordPress ran focused on their platform but if you run your blog on other platform, this should give you a good sense of how to analyze the blog statistics.