Weka is a popular free open source machine learning tool. In this post, I’ll note the steps that I took to install it on windows machine:
1. Search “Download Weka”. As of today, the URL is http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/ml/weka/downloading.html
2. Now, it’ll have options to download the Weka. Here, based on your
- Machine configuration (x86 vs x64)
- Java version and the corresponding Weka version
So let’s check that:
3. To check the Java version installed on your computer, open up command prompt and type Java -version
Note that I’ve java version 1.7
let’s see if it’s compatible w/ the weka version:
As you can see, the version of weka that I’ll be installing requires Java 1.7 and I already have that – so for now my machine, I selected the option:
Click here to download a self-extracting executable without the Java VM
Also remember to check the operation system type (x86 vs x64) and download the corresponding version of weka.
4. After downloading, install it. I left all the options default.
5. After successful installation, I launched weka by going to:
start > all programs > weka 3.6.9 > weka 3.6.9
That’s about it for this post.